Monday, 3 February 2014

Import Statements

After spending an entire week buried in my psychology textbook, cramming 4 weeks of work into 6 days, I realized on Wednesday night that Exercise 2 was due on Thursday..good thing I realized when I did. Anyways, I took a break from psych and tackled the assignment. I finished it pretty quickly and felt confident about my code, but after looking at the autotester results the next day, I was in a state of panic.

I had no clue what was wrong with the code so I went to office hours for guidance. In my attempt to finish the exercise as fast as possible, I missed out on important details in the handout, the key one being to import e2a using the format from e2a import xyz. I had no idea the format of an import statement had such a big impact on code, not to mention I'd never seen that format before. That format also came with other small changes such as no longer having to call functions from e2a using e2a.x, they can just be called x. 

If only I had learned all these useful coding strategies before the deadline....
lesson: never leave things until the last minute...speaking of which I should probably start A1 hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment